The Carbon Messenger was the weekly newspaper for the community of Carbon, Texas located in Eastland County. The newspaper dates back to 1896 when it was published in nearby Sipe Springs, Texas. It was later moved to Carbon where it was published until February 1971 when the owners, Merritt and Bertha Dunn, retired from publishing the newspaper.
Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, Texas 79409-1041
Phone (806) 742-9070
Visit The Southwest Collection's Reference Services website for more information on collections at the archive.